Georgian Waste Services Inc. is a leading waste and recycling company in Simcoe County.
We offer competitive wages and paid training.
Purpose of Role:
Roll off drivers play a vital roll in the haulage of waste and construction debris from customers job sites to disposal sites. Drivers may be required to drive through busy or congested job sites while paying attention to site rules and directions from machine operators and site staff. The position can be physically demanding. The driver will enter and exit the truck multiple times a day and it may also require the driver to climb to hook and unhook bins, level loads within the bin and make sure tarps are secured to the load. Roll off drivers work in extreme weather conditions and hours can vary depending on the job, route and area serviced.
- Pre and post trip inspections on your assigned truck
- Driver must always be in care and control of their vehicle, operating in a safe manner while abiding by local, provincial and federal laws as well as company specific policies & procedures
- Provide professional and courteous service during the delivery and removal process of waste bins on customer job sites
- Maintain and properly complete daily paperwork as well as following route and service specific instructions on a routed tablet.
- Professional interaction with customers and co-workers
- Maintain a clean truck
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job including but not limited to standing, sitting, climbing, reaching, pulling, pushing and lifting.
- Ability to read and understand a map
- Must be able to drive a manual transmission truck
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to work overtime and some Saturdays
- AZ and/or DZ License
- General knowledge and understanding of the mechanics of a truck
- Waste industry experience is an asset but not necessary
Please forward resume to Human Resources by email only.
Only candidates meeting requirements of the posting will be contacted.
We thank everyone in advance for the submission of their resume.
Job Type: Full-time